February 3, 2014

Drip Drip Dripping



Today I sat in my car and admired how beautiful the sunset was. I constantly find myself amazed by the sky. And also by how easy it is to overlook.  As I watched the clouds roll by, a drop of water hit my windshield.  And then three more. And then suddenly I couldn't see out of my windshield because of the waterfall pouring out of the sky.  I watched as everyone in the parking lot scampered to find cover, shielding their heads with whatever they could find.

I couldn't help but laugh at the silliness of it all. Moments ago the sky was a glorious sight, radiant with color.  Yet no one stopped to look at it.  Everyone was so caught in their own lives and the ground directly in front of them, completely unaware of the beauty right above them.  And now they're caught in the wrath of a rainstorm.

The sky is a never-ending reality check.  Our world is tiny. We are minuscule.  Our problems are microscopic.

Some days I feel as if stress is trying to swallow me whole.  But then I take a moment to look at the sky and bask in the vastness of it all.  And I have never felt more comforted than to know that I am just a speck in one beautiful universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment