January 3, 2014

Hello, World

It has been way too long since I last kept a blog. I really do miss the blogger world.  Owning a blog is like owning my own teeny corner of the universe, a place where anybody can experience the constant frenzy that is my mind.  For now, this blog is like a white canvas. In my mind it's smooth and glossy - kind of like the way a hard boiled egg looks once you peel off the outer layer.  By filling it with words and pictures, late night rambles and sleepy mumbles, this blank canvas will be a portrait.  A portrait of what I cannot say in person.  A portrait that answers the question, "What are you like?" when I get nervous and forget everything I've ever cared about. (Who am I anyway? Who ever knows how to answer that question?)


There is something comforting about spilling emotions onto a page. I have kept diaries since as far back as I can remember. My mom gave me my first diary when I was in kindergarten.  It was a dark, rosy pink with flowers scribbled across the front and it came with a lock and key.  The only times I wrote in it were when I was mad at my parents.  I still have it to this day, and laugh at the five-inch tall letters stating, "I HATE MOMY SHES MEEN AND SAYS FROGGS ARNT ALOWD INSIDE."

..By now I've improved my writing skills by a few strides, and can rip through the pages of a diary like it's my full time job.  At least the stationary business is gaining a steady income from my pocket.  Diaries are like a friend who can't talk back, but are always willing to listen.  They know every one of your quirks, your least favorite foods, and all of the secrets that you couldn't stand to keep inside your head any longer. 



I name all of my diaries - there's something wrong about pouring your heart and soul out to someone and then never giving them a chance to have their own identity.

Rewind.

This is about a blog, not diaries.

Obviously my time to re-enter the blog world is long past due.  I have way too much to say.
I cannot wait to paint this canvas. My fingertips are buzzing with ideas.  My favorite feeling is the anticipation before something wonderful happens.  It's like a hum way down deep inside, and you keep suppressing it.  You tell the hum to go away but it keeps going and going and going until the something wonderful happens and you don't feel anything except happiness.  I think this blog is something wonderful.  A huge something.  I can feel the hum beginning.  I cannot wait to see how this universe expands.

No comments:

Post a Comment