January 4, 2014

I Won't Slow Down

I opened my 2013 happy jar today.

                                                you could say I had a lot to be happy for.

I have so much joy in my life I legitimately can’t contain it – sometimes I catch myself smiling when I’m alone in the car, or when I’m taking a walk in the neighborhood.  I find myself singing along louder to my favorite songs and less afraid to try new things than ever before. I truly cannot remember the last time I was sad. I climbed out of the hole I dug for myself in 2012 and changed my life for the better.  There is now so much light in my life and all I want to do is share it with others.  I want to yell from the mountain tops that IT GETS BETTER.  If you feel like you are stuck with nowhere to go I PROMISE THERE IS AN EXIT.  Once you find it, you will know the wait was worth it.   I have been at the lowest of the lows, and I am never going back.


From a customer on their receipt

Some things made it into the jar multiple times - I guess that symbolizes how much those things meant to me during the year.

In 2013 I chose to be happy. And now I refuse to be anything but that.  Life is too short to spend any moment miserable. I am going to spend 2014 chasing my dreams and doing everything I can to make my life something I'm proud of. That's not just a New Year's resolution - that's a Life's resolution. 2013 was just a preview for how fantastic my life is going to be, and I will never stop chasing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment